Pages

11.09.2012

Top Five Friday: Bespectacled


What a week, friends!

I am officially 31.

Minnesota officially defeated the marriage amendment! YES!

I *think* we have officially found our wedding venue.

And, I, officially, bought my wedding dress!

It's all coming together!

On my birthday, I came home to a beautiful bouquet of flowers and then we went thrifting and out to dinner. It was simple, but a perfect, relaxing night with my love.

And today, my best friend is flying in from Ohio to help me continue to celebrate! I am so excited! She will be arriving shortly! Hooray! Could I be any more lucky?

And now, for the top five! I am always throwing my glasses on the floor, on the night stand, on the coffee table...basically, wherever they land when I am half asleep. So, I think these are amazing, and I really want one! This top five is for all my bespectacled readers - vintage eyeglass holders!




Cute and functional! Love it!
Wishing you an amazing weekend, dears!
Lots of love,
S.S.

9 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Amanda! Sounds like you've had the best birthday week a gal can have!
    Congrats on the wedding venue and dress, I'm sure that must feel like a real load off.
    HAH that second one looks just like the glasses I am wearing! Love it! I do have an eyeglass holder, but I seem to have a problem stopping buying glasses, and now I don't have a "home" for most of my frames. I'd love to build something to nicely display my cats eye collection! Some day, some day.
    Have a great weekend :)
    --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Such a good idea because I do the same thing as you! I especially love #4!

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    xx Cait

    dailyfromstonecove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday week! So many good things!!

    I love the idea of an eyeglass holder! I wish I had one of those when I still had glasses, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, and congrats on finding a venue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect birthday week! Glad you had a good one, girl- you totally deserve it! Did you buy the dress you were thinking about or another one? So exciting! Cute glasses, I've always wished I needed them :) Have a good weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, happy belated b-day, Gorgeous. I'm glad to hear it was simple and perfect. (That's my kind of birthday!)

    Second of all, I didn't know glasses holders existed. They are so cute, and what a brilliant idea!!! I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for my own little creature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow wow wow, sorry, just catching up here. What a FANTASTIC week you had!!!! congratulations on all that wonderful news. Finding a venue is definitely the hardest part, but the fact that you did that and got your dress, celebrated your birthday, is just so fucking awesome! Passing the marriage amendment is the icing on the wedding cake and should be a no brainer for people (but that's another topic for another day). I'm so happy for you two. I can't wait to see everything and hear about your planning. Make sure you have the most fun possible during this process :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a fun and unique little collection.
    and so useful!
    I might need to look into that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! I love it! that ceramic owl one totally has my heart. I made these little fabric book pockets for the wall next to my bed, but I end up using it for my glasses instead, otherwise, yes, they will end up on the floor, haha.

    ReplyDelete