Pages

3.12.2012

About Me

Hello friends!

Lisa over at Lala Faux Bois tagged me in the 11 things post. I totally was hoping to evade a "tag," but she's the cutest, and I loved reading all about her. So, today, you get to learn a little about me.

There are five rules: 1. Post these rules. 2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things. 3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post. 4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them. 5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.


Here are 11 interesting (and not so interesting) things about me. :)

1. I'm obsessed with diet coke. I have one every single day. I know pop is horrible for you, but I can't help myself.

2. My dress forms have names. They are Gertrude (Stein) and Alice (Toklas). Nerd!

3. I hate getting shots and giving blood. Just the sight of a needle and I am in tears and shaking. This is why I try to avoid the doctor at all costs.

4. We rescued our pug Scarlett from a family who did not want her anymore. She is the sweetest little girl, and I thank my lucky stars every day that we found her. On a side note, I got Parker, our little boy pug, from a family breeder back in Michigan and his mom and dad were named after nuts, as were all of his brothers and sisters: cashew, peanut, almond, you get it -- a whole family o' nuts. Although he is SUPER nutty, his name did not stick. :) He is actually named after Parker Posey, because I love her.

5. One of my all time favorite things to do is walk on the beach and collect shells. The whole experience from the sand to the sound of the surf to the sunshine beating on my shoulders to the salty smell and the hunt for treasures, I love all of it.

6. My favorite movie is You've Got Mail. Not kidding. I have watched it 200 times and I think it's just so cute. Meg Ryan is adorable in that movie. Maybe part of me would love to own a bookshop like she did. Or live in New York...Annie Hall is also one of my faves. I guess my real all time favorite is Eternal Sunshine.

7. My favorite all time food is mashed potatoes and corn. Together.

8. My favorite flowers are delphinium.

9. I have one tattoo. It's of delphinium. Right now it's just an outline because I am a wimp and couldn't handle being in the chair a second longer (see number 3 above). I still debate whether I will have it colored. I wish I could get 10 more. But for that to happen I would need an unhealthy amount of whisky and xanax. Cayla and I have been talking about getting a matching tattoo on our inner wrists. That might take me a while. I need more courage. And more whisky.  :)

10. My dream as a little girl was to be a dolphin trainer. I still have never swam with dolphins. It's on my wish list.

11. My favorite color is pink.

And here are my answers to Lisa’s questions…

1. What was your favorite vacation?
 Going to San Francisco with Cayla for my birthday and getting to explore and see the Red Woods. It was amazing.

2. What is your first childhood memory?
My mom rocking me on our neighbor's front porch.

3. Cats, Dogs, or both?
Dogs. Hands down. I think cats are cute, for the most part, but I'm allergic.

4. What was the first concert you ever went to?
Bruce Springsteen.

5. What’s your favorite thing to cook/bake?
 My favorite thing to cook is a potato/cauliflower/spinach curry. It's amazing, and it's one of the only things I can cook. Oh, and my newer favorite is making perogies with Cayla's Dad. Sooooo good!

6. If you could time travel to any decade, what would you choose & why?
The 1920s in Paris or the 1960s in the U.S.

7. Describe your perfect day off.
 Sleep in just a little with Cayla, take the pugs for a long walk (it's summer), then hit a few thrift stores, lay on the beach and read for a while, eat our picnic lunch, ride around the lakes and pick some flowers....THat would be my perfect afternoon.

8. What’s your dream job/career & what was it when you were a kid?
My dream job is to be a book editor in New york. WHen I was a kid I wanted to be a dolphin trainer. :)

9. What clothing item is your weakness & you can’t stop buying?
Purses. And vintage dresses.

10. What’s your favorite holiday?
 Christmas. Not for the religious reasons. But because I love being with family, I love the music and the traditions. I love filling my pugs' stockings. I love getting a sentimental ornament from my Dad every year. I love decorating the tree. :)

11. What’s your sign? :)
Scorpio.

I tag Erin, Rebecca, Jeannine and Erin of School of Vintage, Cayla, and anyone else who wants to join in!

Here are my questions for you!

1. Where did your pets get their names from?
2. What's your best, most-recent thrift or vintage store find?
3. Do you collect anything?
4. Favorite color?
5. What's the first blog you read every day?
6. What's your favorite season? Why?
7. Last book you read?
8. What's one place you've always wanted to go?
9. Favorite song to sing at karoake or in your car when no one's listening?
10. Neat or messy?
11. Favorite smell?

4 comments:

  1. Amanda
    Your number 5 is one of my all-time favs too.
    5. One of my all time favorite things to do is walk on the beach and collect shells. The whole experience from the sand to the sound of the surf to the sunshine beating on my shoulders to the salty smell and the hunt for treasures, I love all of it.

    We should plan a trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the tag! :) But I'm glad you did it- it was fun to read! I'm totally with you on the time travel decades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://dream-analysis.orgMarch 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM

    Good site! I really love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I'm wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I've subscribed to your RSS feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete