Pages

8.24.2012

First Stop: Athens

Hello friends! Gah! It's so good to be back! The pugs are still a little mad at us for leaving for two weeks, but I have been squeezing them and loving them like you wouldn't believe!

We had the ADVENTURE of a lifetime, and I want to share it with you stop by stop! After almost 30 hours of traveling we got to our first destination, Athens! It was amazing and beautiful!

I even figured out how to read maps (not my best skill), and navigated the metro system. I was really proud of myself!


Olives everywhere. Too bad I do not like olives.





This was one of my favorite days. We took a tram out of the city to this remote beach. We floated all day. I didn't want to leave.


Post-beach wine.












We took a cable car up to the top of a mountain that overlooked the city one night. We arrived shortly before sunset and it was just breathtaking.





Happy as a clam!

And then, as the sun was setting, C asked me to marry her!

What?!

Yeahhhhhhh! She gave me a dollar store ring that she's been carrying around for months. She knew I wanted to pick out a vintage ring, so I got this little gem. It turned my finger green, but when I took it off I had a green band for two days, which was cute. Then for the next few days Cayla couldn't get enough of calling me her fiance. I guess I am off to shop for rings this weekend. Eeek!

Engaged! I can't even believe it!





So, yeah, pretty much Athens was amazing.

So much love,

S.S.







14 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! Oh that is so romantic and exciting. I can't wait to see more pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD!!!!! EEEEEEEEE!!!! Congratulations, you two! Oh! My! God! Squee! I can't wait to hear more details on the wedding-y things, but I suppose that will happen with time. Yay! Your pictures are so awesome!! I really, really want to go to Greece and will someday, but for now I just super enjoy other people's photos. It looks so gorgeous and SO much history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god!! I am literally tearing up right now!!! I am so so so so so so so so happy for you two!! EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! YAY!! Just so you know, I'm and ordained Deacon and can marry you two. Just throwing it out there! I cannot wait to see what ring you pick!! Love you both and over the mood happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! Girl, I'm so excited for you guys! What a great engagement story too! :) This are such beautiful pics and break back so many great memories for me- especially those Mythos cans ;) Can you believe how cheap the booze was there? We went to Greece as part of our honeymoon trip, actually. I'm so glad you had a good trip and I look forward to more posts about it! Welcome back, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was all ready to comment about how much I love olives and how jealous I am and you lay this on us?!

    CONGRATULATIONS! Many, many happy wishes for you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely location and trip =)

    http://babyrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grrrrrrrr...somebody over here is extremely jealous of this trip :D And actually super excited for you!!! Looks like you had an amazing time and saw so many beautiful places. The sea is incredible, the olives incredible (too bad you don't like them) and the sunshine just looks totally diff than MN sun.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh how exciting!! Congratulations!! That is super exciting news! I would love to have been able to pick out my own special antique wedding ring. Happy shopping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your engagement, and cheers to you for not liking olives (they are gross).

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like so much fun! :) congratulationsss! thats great news! Now following!
    sharde @ the style projects

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, beautiful!

    what an amazing trip so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. olives. beach. gorgeous views. and fiances?? amazinggggg!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a perfect day! huge congratulations

    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an exciting story and I LOVE the excitement on both of your faces in all of these pictures, you two are seriously precious! and that is awesome she knew you'd want to pick out your own ring and so funny about the $ store on. Sounds like an amazing trip for many reasons. did you try any olives at least btw? I hated olives til I lived in Spain and gave 'em a shot many a times : )
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete